Hospice is a special program dedicated to the needs of the terminally ill with a palliative approach towards care. Our facility contracts with several outside Hospice Agencies trained in providing quality of life with a focus on the comfort of each individual. Their professionals join our staff in providing additional services which may include:
- Treating the physical needs of the resident including pain and symptom management.
- Providing for the resident’s spiritual and emotional needs with the help of social workers, counselors, members of the clergy and volunteers.
- Providing coordination of facility services through the utilization of an interdisciplinary approach involving the resident, family members, attending physicians, nurses, home health aides and facility personnel.
- Bereavement Counseling is available for families for up to one year after death through grief support groups and individual counseling.
- Development of a transition plan completed prior to discharge.
- Collaboration with home health and durable medical equipment agencies to ensure smooth transition for patients who can return home on a lower level of care.
- Monthly drug regimen review by our Pharmacist.
We are proud to offer Hospice care to those residents and families in need through our out-sourced companies: Hospice of the Foothills and Bristol Hospice.
Please visit the links below to learn more about each company and the services they provide.